Change me

 My legs and feet are free to move about.

My arms and hands are free to give and receive embrace.

The muscles in my face are capable of pleasing expressions.

Yet, my mind remains captive.

My bondage lies within the restrictions of my limited beliefs.

I have yoked myself to unrealistic cycles of distractions. 

Tethered to a dying world.



Abba,

I insist that you change me. Lay your hands on me and change me. 

I do not have a spirit of fear but I have a spirit of captivity. 

Change me!

Abba,

I have grown weary in pursuit of bread crumbs. 

I am ready to be fed the full loaf. 

I am ready to break free from these man made chains that enslave me.

Out of distress, I call up to you. 

Abba, change me. 

I am seeking freedom and I am seeking it now!

Free me O God. 

You know the oppositions I face.

Free me O God.

On my own I remain displaced.

The way, the truth, and the life resides in you.

This is what they say.

The only way to be free is to know the truth.

This is what they say.

I know the truth. 

I know The Truth.

A voice spoke to me,

As soft as the whispers of the wind, you spoke to me.  "You are loved, you are cared for, your are MINES, therefore, you are free, you are set free indeed."

I cry out "You have freed me, Abba. Salvation is mine."



Comments

Popular Posts