Pleasure Points pt. 2 Daydreams and nightmares

Days would pass on end
and no return was in sight
Flashes of apparitions 
Visions of a future full of pain
Dark clouds 
Heavy lightning storms
and red seas
Thornes from withered roses prick our backs as we lay on the wooden floor. 
Waves crashed into us 
The boat never wrecked 
The deck never leaked 
And we made it ashore 

A hand reaches down "Hey Cid. You look like you've seen a ghost"

Cdney stood shaking in her stance "But, but, how? I saw the car, I saw the wreck, I touched your body?"

Dusting off his trousers all while smirking "Still clumsy, I see." 

He inches in, she steps back "You thought you got your wish Cid?"

She turns and bolts for the back door but he stays on her heels pushing her onto the floor and climbing his body onto hers.

He puts his hand around her neck "What happened to until death do us part?"

As she struggles for air "John, stop." 

Two lovers cross paths
Forever intertwining their energies 
A single heartbeat from one body to another
Holding onto each other tightly
One let's go and grasps for air
The love 
This love
Their love
Is suffocating 
It must end 

Pulling up to his office a feeling of unease takes over. His coworker Marshall walks up to the car knocking on the window. "Drew, what's up, you coming in?"

Drew lips the word "yes" and nods his head simultaneously.

Turning off the car and grabbing his work bag Drew gets out. "Man I thought I saw someone I knew from my past by the house but it wasn't."

They walk up to the building. 

Marshall holds the door open  "Who did you think it was?"

Drew walks in "An old friend of mine, my best friend. He died in a car accident about a year ago." 

Marshall leads Drew to his office "Damn man, sorry. You should take a second before you dive into all that paperwork on your desk. " 

As Drew sits at his desk he notices a red envelope on top of a stack of bills marked unpaid.  "What is this?" Drew opens the letter and as he pulls it out half-alive insects fall out. "What the fuck?" He shakes out the envelope and reads the letter. 

A friend of mine
In life, we conquered everything together
We shared food 
We shared laughs
We shared pain
Life made us brothers 
Why did you try and end mine, brother? 
My lady you stole
My life you stole
Let's see what I can get back

Drew drops the letter "Cdney" He scuffles to find his phone and dials "Come on Cid, pick up" 

The phone is answered, "Cdney, yo Cid, we need to talk, Cid?" 

On the other end heavy breathing and a giggle "Brother, we've been waiting for your call. Missed me? I can't wait to see you."

Phone disconnects 

TBC


Comments

Popular Posts