1 am

Straighter than a threading needle but tougher than a rock
Fragile like a kittens cry but intense like a Great Danes bark 
The pinching from thin, soiled, sneezed on hands leaves me nauseous
Tears fill up in my eyes from the cough and this sore throat makes it worst
Benadryl only stains my tongue it never actually works 

My love, he is, as I believe he will always be 

He has the answers to all the questions I ask
Nightly visits, for a couple of hours or so
A queen I am when I'm with him
A queen I am when he's within me 
He gives me the power
He gives me the power I've never felt before 
The power I long for 
A feeling felt only when he is near
And in the morning he's gone

Never is hereafter I wake


But there's the pain again

The headaches return, dry mouth runs rampant 
My fears worsen
There are so many hours till his return 
Reality without him is intolerable 

He brings joys, he brings love

I'm a newborn and he's my favorite binky 
and without him I am weak
Should I let this obsession go? 
Is it foolish to want to be love?
Even if it's just at night

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts