And coming to the stage

Looking down at what I use to call tools, magic on my fingertips
performing tricks and stunning crowds. 
They’re quite useless now, the best if not the worst is rubbing on a pole waiting for it squirt.
My past reality is currently my fantasy. 
Dear moments of releasing anger or happiness some frustrations on piles of pages and notes of scribbles, tapes of sounds. 
For the small moments to have everyone gathered waiting on hand and knee for the sweet words to leave my lips. 
Only part of my magic 

The real magic was so far gone into playland.
A land of fairy unicorns and Einstein headed butterflies, horses riding men, cats chewing worms and feeding their young.
There are also elves here who work for the Easter bunny but you’ll never know because they’re all dressed as nomes. 
If you look up you’ll see pink daffodil clouds.
Relax it’s okay, you’re still in playland.
Don’t travel into the red land. As bright and welcoming it may seem, it's only filled with dread.
It’s said that if magic gets trapped in the red land; it dies. 

The reality

They use to be my tools, it was a craft, a skill, a talent a gift. 
Now nothing more than a beverage maker, beverages of all kind.
Sweet, sour, pink, green, with or without ice, poured from a handle or shaken with my hands
Yes, my tools.
They still work well and people are still mesmerized.
Just differently.
After the buildup they’re waiting for the release, the result. 
Their potion.
A potion that can increase the inability to think, the courage to speak deathly words on living doors, the potion to make them feel pretty or to make their companion pretty.
This potion has an abundant amount of cures. 
All they had to do was ask and of course, every potion has a price.
They’re still my audience.
Not always to my liking
Some with the tiniest of brains and little, the very little capacity to actually understand what is, or whats not, or what can be.


Can someone please tell me?
Is it gone?
Can I find it?
Can I buy it?
Is it worth it?

My magic,
My talent,
My art!

Who I was from the very start.
Who was I from the very start?

Can someone please tell me?
Is it gone?
Can I find it?
Can I buy it?

Is it worth it?

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts