The next day

A step off my bed, the other foot follows 
Stumbling towards the junk that's laid neatly in a pile 
This is my life stuffed in a jewelry box 
No earring to match, not even a watch 
Frantically searching for what I call a mind 
The picture is painted perfectly 
Wishing I can find all that was lost years ago 
A hoarders favorite fantasy under my bed 
Now shoes and belts and purses come out 
Oh, wow, there goes that top ball I thought I swallowed in my mouth 
Aggravated as hell, can't calm myself down
I'm looking, I'm looking!
It's nowhere to be found
I hold back the tears and grab for my blinds 

Where is it?
Who am I? 
Can someone paint this obstructed scene in my crazy mind?

Perfectly painted picture evidently destroyed
I'm trying, I'm trying
Can no longer be ignored
I want the lust
I need the crave
I have this thirst 
Forgetting what It is I'm searching for again

In this state of confusion
I think it's brushes
I thought it was paint
It might be a drinking bottle 
No, it was the easel
Dammit
Dammit
Dammit

It was taken
Stolen
A thief in ninja pants and a blue durag swiped it in the dead of night
Or, just maybe
A cat burglar in a feathered church hat and red latex stripper boots
Ha! A red nose, red hair, white face-painted clown in a deep blue suit and tan striped tie 

I'm sorry, I can't recall 
Blame it on the massive amounts of narcotics thrown in the cabinet 
NA's worst nightmare 

Where is it?
Who am I?
Can someone paint this obstructed scene in my crazy mind?

Of this crazy world
On this crazy day
In my crazy life 
In my crazy mind
This obstructed scene

Can you paint it? 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts