To you, from me





To whom do I owe this great thanks to?

Shall I address this letter to you?

Are you the reason for the smile upon my face?

It was you who threw me out because I disgraced you and this family. 

 I was the truth you didn't want to see.

I was that part of your life you tried to erase. 

It was me that reminded you of your past failures. 

I haunted your waking mind and you couldn't exorcise me.

So I present this question to you again.

To whom do I owe this great thanks to?

I was painted out of your family portrait. 

Cast out, bah baaahhh black sheep.

If you could send me back you would but I was stuck with you.

I  remember the lyrics to our favorite song,

Oh misery, oh misery, my father hates my company. Or something like that.

With my best English accent "Oh daddy, my dear daddy, why can't my art go on the wall?" 

The opposite of my smile, you are thanked for that.

But,

This journey,

My growth,

The happiness that surrounds my being and the joy I now have in my heart pft

Has nothing to do with you

But I do thank you

I thank you for showing me what true disgust is so when I see it again I know to run

So yeah,

This is my letter addressed to you 

Dear dad, 

I found my happy, I found myself and I forgive you   

Forever and always,

Bah bahh your little Black Sheep 



Comments

  1. ❤ The opposite of my smile, you are thanked for that.

    But,

    This journey,

    My growth,

    The happiness that surrounds my being and the joy I now have in my heart pft

    Has nothing to do with you

    < 💯👏🏽 I love it !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was an absolutely beautiful poem

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've grown so much without him

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts