Is this man me?


His nametag read Luther.
Luther laid there on the ground with his head bashed open and his brains spilled over the floor. 
Luther wasn't alive anymore.
His ghostly spirit sat atop his lifeless body crouched over rocking back and forth. 
Murmuring incoherent words.
Singing a silent song. 
Mother please, let me speak.
Hear my pain, see the meek.
I tried to live, so afraid to die.
I tried to be the man you raised but the past of my father haunted me.
Condemed me to this horrid space.
A life of lonliness.
A life of no forgiveness.
A life of agony.
Holding on it slowly posioned me.
They chased me down and hunted me.
They say I killed a man.
A man that looked like me. 
If it's true,
Ask this man to forgive me.
Mother please, ask this man to forgive me.
Luthers apparition stood up and walked into the shadows. 
His lifeless body twitched once more.
Luther was no more. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts