Tangled Roots

Just like a flower blooms, I open up for you but 

my love you don't receive.

If it was up to you our relationship would be make-believe.

Just like a poacher you steal my parts for sell.

I'm your prisoner, chained to your inconsistency. 

Just tell me you love me and how this will never end.

I can be useful, I'll be your tool, I'll do your dirty work.

Just tell me you love me and cut my wings off, keep me from flying away so I can stay here with you.

I'll believe all of your lies and ignore my intuition.  

I know that you love me because when you're in me you tell me so.

I need you to cage me because I don't deserve any better.

I've allowed you to strip what little of me I had left as I've allowed others.

Consistently trying to fill this void that lives within me.

Hurt me, over and over again because I don't know my worth .

I love it, dismiss me as I do myself.

Now, tell me you love me so I don't have to tell myself. 


My beautiful people, know who you are. Learn yourself before you expect someone else to. Love yourself unconditionally so you know how you should be loved. Heal your soul and spirit so that demons aren't allowed in. You are what you attract so take a look in the mirror. Know when it's time to let go and grow. I love you all hopefully not more than you love yourself. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts