My forever flower didn't die




It's the way you use to say my name, with such stern and love in your voice.

You send strangers to say my name as you did so I know that you're still here.

No one will ever have a hug like you. Your hugs took all my pain away and made me look forward to brighter days. 

If it's silent enough I can hear our past conversations in my head. 

I might have physically loss you but you're not dead.

You live amongst me and travel with me and see all that I do.

You are my shield when enemies attack.

You're forever there to have my back.

I share your story with people I meet. I carry your messages on so that they can learn as I did.

I remember doing your hair and how your hair felt in my hand and how you loved how the styles came out even if they weren't that good.

After a long day you were always there to greet me and take my burdens away, I wish I appreciated that more.

I wish our conversations were longer, I wish our hugs were tighter.

I miss you and your silly jokes and never letting me leave the house until I said "After while crocodile" 

So on this Mothers Day I celebrate you as I do everyday but today I'm going to celebrate you louder so that no one ever forgets that the reason I'm so totally awesome is because of you.

Your strength lives  in me, your courage, your not taking shit attitude, your full acceptance of others. 

I celebrate you!

In the famous words of Betty A. Green " I am  black, beautiful, poor in money but RICH in life"

I love you Nana, Happy Mothers Day to the Heavens.


For all my beautiful people who may find today tough because of loss, I need you to know that they are still here with you. If you look over your shoulder they are right beside you. If you are silent enough that person is speaking to you, telling you little jokes in your ear. Celebrate their life today as you would if they were in the physical form because baby their spirit is all around you.

For those of you who are still blessed to have their loved ones here in the physical form don't take them for granted. Please don't. Cherish all of the moments. I know the thigs they ask of us or bs they say from time to time and really get under our skin but we have to learn to love each other unconditionally. Learn to not allow the small matters of life keep you from speaking and reaching out to your loved ones. Listen to them more, hug them longer, take as many pictures as you can of them because you just never know.

Happy Mothers Day to all the beautiful woman out there. Woman who carried, raised, taken on the responsibility of others, soon to be mommies, cat and dog mommies, plant mommies. Today is for you. Celebrate it!  

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts